Monday, April 7, 2008

- Sentence Pattern



1. S V
- Noun/Noun Phrase (Intransitive)
- Pronoun
- Noun Equivalent

Examples:
- We breathe.
- All fish canswim
- All people will die
S V

2. S V C
- Noun/Noun Phrase ( be ) - Adjective
- Pronoun am, is, are, - Noun
- Noun Equivalent was were - adverb (Place)

Examples:
- They are here.
- The student is diligent.
- I am a teacher.
S V C


3. S V A
- Noun/Noun Phrase (intransitive) - time
- Pronoun - place
- Noun Equivalent - manner

Examples :
- The horse runs fast.
- The post office opens at seven.
- The lectures live near the campus.
S V A

4. S V O (A)
- Noun/Noun Phrase (Transitive) - Noun/Noun Phrase - time
- Pronoun - Pronoun - place
- Noun Equivalent - Noun Equivalent - manner

Examples:
- My brother is writing a letter.
- The woman ikes flowers.
- I Bought a book yesterday.
S V O (A)


5. S V O C
- Noun/Noun Phrase (Transitive) - Noun/Noun Phrase - Noun/Noun Phr.
- Pronoun - Pronoun - Adjective
- Noun Equivalent - Noun Equivalen

Examples:
- I name my daughter Nisrina.
- She makes me jealous
- We elected him our president
S V O C


6. S V I.O. D.O.
- Noun/Noun Phrase (Transitive) - Noun (usually - Noun/Noun Phrase
- Pronoun - person/living thing)
- Noun Equivalent - Pronoun

Examples:
- My wife will make me hot coffee.
- You must send your mother a letter.
- Sally has given John red flowers.
S V I.O. D.O.

No comments: