Monday, August 27, 2007

Online English Courses: Present Tense

Present tense is used to talk about general facts and daily activity or routines. Present tense can be divided into two: present tense with to be (am, is, are) and present tense with verb . To be (am, is, are) is used in the sentence which does not have verb. In the sentence with verb, to be is not necessary. Look at the examples below



A. Present tense with to be (am, is, are)

1. She is my mother.
2. He is handsome.
3. I am at home.
4. You are fat.
5. They are in Jakarta.
6. We are hungry.
7. It is my house.
8. John is a lawyer.
9. Sally and Jack are in my house.
10. My sister is a nurse.

B. Present tense with verb + s/es
1. She goes to school everyday.
2. He drinks milk every morning.
3. John works in a bank.
4. Sally cooks every morning.
5. My father teaches English in a university.

C. Present tense with verb without s/es
1. I go to school everyday.
2. You drink milk every morning.
3. They work in a bank.
4. We cook every morning.
5. John and Umar teach English in a university.

No comments: