Monday, August 27, 2007

Am, Is, Are

Am, is, and are are called to be. This to be belongs to Auxiliary Verb. This auxiliary verb is used in the sentence which does not have Verb, and in Present Tense. To be (am, is, are) is not necessary in the sentence with Verb. Look at the examples below:

01. (True) I am a student.
....(False) I am go to school.

02. (True) She is beautiful.
....(False) She is cook everyday.

03. (True) You are my friend.
....(False) You are study every night.

04. (True) They are at home
.....(False) They are swim every Sunday.

05. (True) We are students.
....(false) We are teach English In Ahmad Dahlan University.

06. (True) He is diligent.
....(False) He is have much money.

07. (True) My father is a doctor.
....(False) My father is get much money.

08. (True) His friends are very good.
....(False) His friends are come to his house every week.

No comments: